9am – 1pm
The age old Peranakan cuisine is filled with history and flavour! Learn the traditional secrets of this timeless cuisine under the expert guidance of Chef Ambrose and Chef Anna.
A graduate of the pioneer SHATEC in Singapore, is an award-winning chef with over 20 years experience in banqueting, fine dining for local and international hotels, restaurants and resort casinos. He worked with chefs Violet Oon and Tony Khoo, and became the youngest executive chef at the Singapore Turf Club, in charge of creating menus for presidents, royalty and other VIPs. In Australia, he worked with 300 chefs from all over the world, while his more recent endeavours include setting up the company kitchen for Facebook’s new Singapore office.
Chef Anna Eio
Australian-trained in Hospitality Management, Chef Anna has managed a Bistro serving Euro-Asian Cuisine in Australia. After returning to Singapore, she has set up & managed operations for a new Dim Sum Restaurant. After many years in the F&B Industry, Chef Anna returns to her passion in training. Embracing the art of culinary & bread making by upskilling her knowledge & skills over the years and returning to her roots in Peranakan cuisine and culture. Trained by a 3rd Generation Sushi Chef from Japan, she now imparts her knowledge & skills in preparing sushi at Allspice Institute since 2015.
You will be provided with:
1. Fully prepped kitchen space
2. All the ingredients
3. Necessary utensils and equipment
LEARN TO MAKE
1. Ayam Pongtah
2. Dry Mee Siam
3. Nyonya Chap Chye
- Age 16 years & above
- Understand Basic knife skill and cooking techniques Practices
9am – 1pm
- Certificate of Attendance from Allspice Institute
- Allspice Gift Spice Mix
S$98.00 + 8% GST
If you do not have a username and password you will need to register to apply for a program.
1. Register yourself as a user. Once you have registered you will be given a username and a password to allow you to log back in without identifying yourself over again.
2. After registering you can submit an application to study a course.
– Full fee needs to pay week advance to confirm the course
– Participants need to wear covered shoe and comfortable clothing (Non-revealing)
– No-refund, Cancellation of class 3 days before the actual course start date
– Participants are expected to behave respectfully towards classmates and staff of Allspice
– Trainees must adhere to all the Food Hygiene & Safety practices implemented by Allspice.
4th March 2023